What is Indian Head Massage?
Indian head massage originated from India and is a beautifully traditional practice that is now immensely popular amongst Western cultures.
This massage focuses on the parts of the body that are prone to tension and stress:
- upper back
Indian head massage combines techniques which include kneading and probing of the neck and shoulder areas. The scalp is massaged, using squeezing, tapping, rubbing or prodding motions. Facial pressure points are also messaged to relieve sinus pressure, increase alertness and stimulate circulation.
By releasing built-up tension in the head and neck area, and relieving muscle stiffness, you will feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage
- Promotes hair growth by increasing oxygen in the hair follicles
- Prevents headaches and migraines
- Better sleep
- Quietens the mind, which boosts memory capabilities
- Renews and balances energy levels
- Relieves symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage
- Improves circulation